Department of Silly Walking ~*DoSW*~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do I start in WvW?

3 posters

Go down

Where do I start in WvW? Empty Where do I start in WvW?

Post by TirnaNog Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi all!

So, I've been curious about WvW for a while and have been wanting to check it out.  I read Fozzik's breakdown of strategy and such, and that was super informative.  What I'd like to know is, if you are a noob to WvW where do you start and what is the best way to learn the ropes?  

Thanks,

Tir na Nog
TirnaNog
TirnaNog

Back to top Go down

Where do I start in WvW? Empty Re: Where do I start in WvW?

Post by Fozzik Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:49 am

I'd say probably the best thing is find some guildies or other people to run around with. Starting in our borderlands is a good way to go... the central waypoint (citadel) is a good spot to look for others heading out that you could hang with.

Run speed is important, make sure you've got as much of that as you can.

If you are brave and want to roam on your own, start with sentries... look for flags that aren't our color and go kill them! It will give you a feel for how tough the NPCs are in WvW, and whether or not you're ready to try taking a camp on your own.

Verileah and I and a few others are in WvW almost every night. Send us a whisper. Just remember, the higher level you are and the better outfitted you are...the more fun you'll have. At lower levels without good gear, you mostly have to stay in a large group or you'll die very quickly.
Fozzik
Fozzik
Forum Admin

http://www.thelastbastion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Verileah Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:26 am

Fozzik and I started out in WvW because we wanted map completion, so we mostly ran around getting vistas and hiding from the people trying to kill us. At some point, we filled up on supply, and when someone in /map started crying out for people to build rams, well, we were right there anyway, might as well help out our team...

There are so many compelling things happening in WvW that *something* will very likely draw you in. You can learn a lot about how you like to play, how you respond to difficult situations, and your strengths and weaknesses (or those of your chosen profession, if you prefer to think of it that way Very Happy).

One nice thing about our server is that even though it can be high-drama sometimes, it's actually a fairly forgiving community. Most people are so happy just to have bodies fighting for their side that they won't care if you're a brand new pick-up. Hell, we had a commander throw down a catapult backward the other day and we hardly gave him any sass at all. Anyway, the point is that there's lots of room and freedom on FC to grow and figure out what you enjoy, whether that's capping camps, protecting yaks, dueling, or even leading. Looking forward to seeing you on the field!
Verileah
Verileah

Back to top Go down

Post by TirnaNog Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:44 am

Thank you so much!  See you "out" there.
TirnaNog
TirnaNog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum