Department of Silly Walking ~*DoSW*~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name that tune! (A GW2-themed forum game)

4 posters

Go down

Name that tune! (A GW2-themed forum game) Empty Name that tune! (A GW2-themed forum game)

Post by Verileah Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:18 pm

I know I'm not the only one who takes popular songs and changes the lyrics to fit gw2. I know this because I see people doing it in map chat all the time. I thought it might be fun to make a game of it, so here's how it works:

I'll kick us off by posting new, gw2-centric lyrics to an already-existing song. Then everyone who wants to play has to try to guess what the original song was. Once someone answers correctly, it will be up to them to create the next lyrical masterpiece, that we will all in turn try to guess correctly.

Additional suggested rules:
If someone wants to guess an answer but does not want to write new song lyrics, you can just say "I pass my turn." Likewise, if someone has a burning desire to post song lyrics but is not able to guess the current song, they can post their best effort at a guess and add "I have a song." Then if someone passes their turn, you can step in with your lyrics. I'm not concerned about a shortage of songs...I could literally do this all day and I think others could as well.

If there is a song that everyone is really stuck on, the original poster can add hints to keep the game moving. I'm fine with making songs difficult and understand that even the most obvious song to you might be a real brain-teaser for the rest of us...especially the old people (of which I am one *hangs head*), but I would like to limit this to music that people have some kind of access to - no changing up the lyrics from your brother's roommate's cousin's unsigned gig-less garage band, please.

I don't think google will be much help to you unless you already have an idea of what the song is, so it's fine if you need to look up the correct song title. I think we can be pretty flexible on what we'll accept for answers - I don't want to turn this into who has the best google-fu, but I don't consider it cheating to use references, either.

Finally, you do not have to convert the entire song. Just a clip is totally fine - in fact, that's what I'm doing for my example.

I figure we'll see how this goes, and if people are really getting into it maybe there can be an in-game tie in of some kind. I have a couple of ideas for that but I want to kind of gauge interest first Smile.

Last edited by Verileah on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moar rule)
Verileah
Verileah

Back to top Go down

Name that tune! (A GW2-themed forum game) Empty Re: Name that tune! (A GW2-themed forum game)

Post by Verileah Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:19 pm

So, round one:

So many reds in here, where do I build?
I seen this thief, I'm about to charge in
Then she said, I'm here with my guild
She got me fleeing, that’s when I said
Where my zerg at, zerg at?
So go get them, we can all be killed

HINT: This song was playing in the guild voice chat on Friday night.
Verileah
Verileah

Back to top Go down

Name that tune! (A GW2-themed forum game) Empty Re: Name that tune! (A GW2-themed forum game)

Post by jellykinz Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 pm

I've been waiting for someone to guess the song because I have no idea what it is. I wrote one too though and can't wait until I have the opportunity to put it up.

Perhaps another hint Verileah?
jellykinz
jellykinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Verileah Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:34 pm

HINT: The original song features two lady rappers, but the hook (the lyrics I altered) is sung by a man.
Verileah
Verileah

Back to top Go down

Post by Fozzik Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:46 am

Tanryth knows the answer, and should post it so the game can move along. Razz
Fozzik
Fozzik
Forum Admin

http://www.thelastbastion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Verileah Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:03 am

I would tend to agree *nods*. Anyone can play, I'm not aware of any conflicts of interest Smile.
Verileah
Verileah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanryth Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:47 am

702 -Where my girls at
Tanryth
Tanryth
WvW Commander

https://www.facebook.com/rich.munson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanryth Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 am

And I pass my turn
Tanryth
Tanryth
WvW Commander

https://www.facebook.com/rich.munson2

Back to top Go down

Post by jellykinz Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:08 pm

It's probably actually a bit simple but I think amusing.

Shorty's got them big floppy ears and boots of gossamer
The whole guild was looking at her.
She hit 80 and that when we see,
Shorty will glow, glow, glow, glow, glow, glow, glow, glow.

With a dagger in the left and a sceptre in the right,
She gonna kill every monster in sight.
Unless she dies, and then revives.
Shorty so slow, slow, slow, slow, slow, slow, slow, slow.
jellykinz
jellykinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum