Department of Silly Walking ~*DoSW*~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General question about builds

5 posters

Go down

General question about builds Empty General question about builds

Post by jellykinz Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi guys, I was just curious to know what people do with their characters re: different build etc for wvw, pve, dungeons etc. Do you change your build accordingly? or just swap out weapons and slot skills? I ask because although I'd like to get more involved in wvw I keep dying and that's getting expensive. I think my build is not really that great for wvw but it's great for pve and wanted suggestions on how to improve. I am right to think there's no dual build option aren't I?
jellykinz
jellykinz

Back to top Go down

General question about builds Empty Re: General question about builds

Post by Tanryth Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Normally I have 2 sets of Armor/Weapons on me in WvW one for Support Bunker Builds and one for a Beserking Build. I reset my traits and gear according to how I am running.
Tanryth
Tanryth
WvW Commander

https://www.facebook.com/rich.munson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fozzik Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm

I change up weapons and skills, but usually leave my traits alone. I spent quite a bit of time getting my traits just right for WvW, though.

What I've found is that WvW is much more about getting a feel for the tactics...where to stand and where not to, when to rush in and when to hang back...etc. For me at least, it's less about the build (although it's still significant to compliment my play style) and more about just getting used to how different it is than PvE.

With our server tending to be vastly outnumbered in many battles, it's also picking your fights that's key to lowering your repair bill. No build is going to allow you to survive 5-1 or 10-1 odds.
Fozzik
Fozzik
Forum Admin

http://www.thelastbastion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Verileah Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:54 pm

I also have multiple sets of gear, every weapon I can use (sometimes more than one of each), and play around with my skills and the major traits. I don't respec much at all when I'm done leveling, but there are plenty of choices within a given trait set that I like to switch it up that way.

I have a couple of large invisible bags to store my gear and other junk that I don't want showing up in the vendor window.
Verileah
Verileah

Back to top Go down

Post by Voltamier Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:59 am

use one gear set fir everything (i have not moved past rare gear yet) and the two eng builds I use precision and conditions are most important. On top of that if you have skill with your class you will do fine on most cases. I just need to not pick fights around those moa flocks weilding the flame thrower Laughing
Voltamier
Voltamier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:41 pm

I always go for support and survivability since is a must to be in a group for wvw always try to spec for support. I dont mess to much with my traits. i have different sets of armor and weapons. But like fozzik said since we are always outnumbered is better to know when to fight and there is no build that will save you from 5-1 or 10-1 Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by jellykinz Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:17 am

Thanks folks for all the advice. Might give it a really good go this weekend and see what happens.
jellykinz
jellykinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down