Department of Silly Walking ~*DoSW*~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Must learn left from right

+2
Nyna
jellykinz
6 posters

Go down

Must learn left from right Empty Must learn left from right

Post by jellykinz Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:44 am

Sorry again about the misdirections during today's Bounty. Still a successful hunt and well done to all. I got some NICE loots too.

Just as an add on to that. Can you make it that time all the time because it's during my lunch break and I can try to remember to log on and help. Since it's only 15 minutes it's not too much of a push during a 1 hour break.
jellykinz
jellykinz

Back to top Go down

Must learn left from right Empty Re: Must learn left from right

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:43 am

hahah it was great Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyna Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Dont feel too bad. I'm left/right challenged as well. Imagine being in the military, at the head of a formation in a parade practice (thankfully was a practice) and turning right when told left.

Nyna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanryth Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:24 am

Imagine being the NCO leading the formation when your CO tells you to Column Left and you try and explain you can't (because of a river in the way) and he bitches you out and you do the Column left and he ends up in the water while the formation is laughing at him.

good times
Tanryth
Tanryth
WvW Commander

https://www.facebook.com/rich.munson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Conkuur/Vordox Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 am

Or this one time in Band Camp......ok nevermind lulz
Conkuur/Vordox
Conkuur/Vordox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalla Bluntcog Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Hey, I was I Marching band I just finished my four years these past semester as I am a senior In high school thankfully I didn't have any collisions
Kalla Bluntcog
Kalla Bluntcog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanryth Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:33 pm

Back in my day (we'll just say a few decades ago) I was in marching band too, percussion leader for 3 of my 4 years... had a few great field show collisions (none of them my fault) damn flautists never payed attention. Almost got speared by a flag team member....War errr...Marching band is hell.
Tanryth
Tanryth
WvW Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalla Bluntcog Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Yes, marching band can be hell as times Like in my case if the High School you go to has a Tradition of very high Expectations. Like winning the The UIL state marching contest 5 out of the six times since the the band program wad found at my school. Let me explain...
Kalla Bluntcog
Kalla Bluntcog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanryth Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:29 am

My High School was a Class 1A School (Washington State) we competed on a Class 3A level against schools that had a 200+ member band. We took 1st Place from them for 12 straight years... My School had 3 state championship teams...football, track, and band. If you weren't in one you were in the other. Our enrollment was 400 students the band was 150 members and the drill team/color guard was 60. We went to the Rose Parade, Presidential Inauguration for George Bush and Disneyland 4 times. Had BoA had nationals I am sure we would have attended but that was before the Grand Championships were created.

Here's a pic of Drumline in 1988 I'm just left of the tall guy on the Snare on the Quins... This was a percussion performance...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tanryth
Tanryth
WvW Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalla Bluntcog Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:52 am

Well if you were able to see the video on my hello thread you can see we are very small for being a 3A band. And the way our state marching contests work, well in texas is that you can only go to the state marching contest every other year. So that's why we have so few state titles and plus or band program started in 2001 so... but a least I have been a part of two of those six titles we have won. As it is only possible for one too get a chance to go the alamodome (thats where they have hold the state marching contest) twice in there high school career.
Kalla Bluntcog
Kalla Bluntcog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalla Bluntcog Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:39 am

Hey Tanryth I posted pics of me and my band on my hello is is Trina again thread
Kalla Bluntcog
Kalla Bluntcog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanryth Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:10 am

Saw them... Yeah we fielded more band then the Big Schools... We did ours championships at the then Seattle Kingdome... now I have no clue where they hold them maybe at the new stadium no clue
Tanryth
Tanryth
WvW Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalla Bluntcog Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:33 am

Its looks like I this thread has gotten a little of topic but, I if yall could see the video please let me know here on the forums and Tanryth if you able to see the video what did you think of it.
Kalla Bluntcog
Kalla Bluntcog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fozzik Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 am

I marched with tenor sax (which I also played in the jazz band) for my freshman year, and then was asked to move to tonal bass in the marching band (I did auxiliary / Latin percussion in the jazz band as well). I ended up as section leader for the drum line for two years. I missed out on being drum major because of some things I did on certain band trips. affraid

Funny the things we have in common.

We won state championships for jazz and concert band...our marching band was not quite as hot.

That suspended bass drum that's next to the tympani looks a little weak. We had a 60" suspended bass drum (yeah, five feet across) that was really fun. We also had a 60" gong. Both of those would blow back the hair on the first few rows at football games. Very Happy

Fozzik
Fozzik
Forum Admin

http://www.thelastbastion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalla Bluntcog Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:56 am

Speaking of concert band I am I the top band, yes we have to bands the symphonic band, lower band and the wind ensemble, top band.our main piece we are working on now is shostakovich's symphony No. 5 finale. Here is link to the the orchestral version but, we are playing an adapted version [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the orchestral for our band. Its about 11 minutes long btw.

Kalla Bluntcog
Kalla Bluntcog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum