Department of Silly Walking ~*DoSW*~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild movie/film/add/music video

2 posters

Go down

Guild movie/film/add/music video Empty Guild movie/film/add/music video

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:58 am

Heya Guildies, for a while now I’ve been pondering a project and the idea I’ve been sitting on for a while now is a guild video/movie in a sort of music video/add style. Im still testing with HD desktop capture, getting it smooth and so on; but for the idea I have I’d like as many members involved as I can. The purpose of the movie/film (Idk what to call it Razz) would be to show off what our guild is all about and what we do, so there would be screen times for WvW, Guild Bounty, Jumping Puzzles, Keg Brawl, etc; hence why I want as many of us as I can. It’s still a bit before I will actually start filming/capturing because there’s still a lot of planning to do, but I figured I should post something; get some feedback/ideas/expressions of interest.

PS: I’d also LOVE to do a GW Harem Shake Very Happy you know you want to.

Back to top Go down

Guild movie/film/add/music video Empty Re: Guild movie/film/add/music video

Post by CenotekGenocide Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:45 am

I still think the guild dance video in lions arch would be great. Do it by race or summon Smile

CenotekGenocide
Guild Boss

https://dosw.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:48 am

You mean for a Harlem Shake kinda thing? I have a mental image of all these deers in LA spamming the movement keys to make it look like they're glitching at the drop XD

I would love to do multiple videos, I did a few courses in media and I really enjoy it :>

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanryth Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:47 am

I have my FRAPS set I can record (as previously seen in my dance with Zarn) I also have top of the line editing software (I'm a wee bit of a geek). So if you let me know I can get in there and do the filming or I can edit your call.
Tanryth
Tanryth
WvW Commander

https://www.facebook.com/rich.munson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:10 pm

I have quicktime for recording and Final Cut Pro/Adobe for editing. (go the geeks!!)
Help with filming would be awesome if your keen; different perspectives when we're in wvw for example. I have this tonic I'm going to use that lets me go into a sort of first person view so I can act as somewhat of a living camera (turns me into an elemental thing).

Also we could even edit up two versions of the footage into two separate videos if you'd like. (I know some people don't like editing but I love it.)

Need to finish up storyboarding and planning sometime soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanryth Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:38 pm

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector and Adobe Final also. I have done a lot of editing for my old military unit even after being gone they hit me up to edit for them.

I'm good with doing 2 vids but also doing a recruitment video.

For the Harlem Shake video everyone needs to get different tonics from around Tyria... I know of quite a few that would be classic.
Tanryth
Tanryth
WvW Commander

https://www.facebook.com/rich.munson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Oh wow that Cyberlink sounds fancy! I haven't had too much experience with editing; I used to edit together fan video game trailers then school film projects and animations. It's been a while since I had a film project to work on and am keen to get into this.

A recruitment video would be really cool, maybe we could even set up a Guild YT channel or something and link it to new members.

I think I have a few random tonics lying around in my inventory somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down